All full-time students at Columbia-Greene Community College are invited to participate in intercollegiate athletics. Our athletes have gone on to compete at the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I, II and III levels and Major and Minor League Baseball.
Be a Part of a Winning Tradition
The College's athletics teams have a long history of success and championship titles. Columbia-Greene Community College is a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and competes in Region III as part of the Mountain Valley Collegiate Conference.
- Compete against skilled teams in the area
- Participate in regional tournaments and national championships
- Opportunities to earn All-American, Academic All-American, All-Region and All-Tournament awards
- Nationwide exposure and support from several national organizations
Am I Eligible?
Interested in participating in intercollegiate athletics at Columbia-Greene Community College? If so, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be enrolled full-time carrying a minimum of 12 credits and remain in at least 12 credits during the semester of competition
- Earn 12 credits with a minimum 2.0 GPA each semester
- Complete a physical examination and athletic physical form prior to the start of the season
- Submit a copy of your official high school transcript(s), state department approved general education diploma (GED), or state department of education approved high school equivalency test
- Submit college transcripts from previous institution(s) if you transferred from another college
- Homeschooled? Contact the Athletic Office for your eligibility requirements
Tryouts and Additional Information
Tryouts are held for each sport. You must have an athletic physical form on file prior to participation.
A student-athlete workshop is held at the beginning of the fall semester and is mandatory for all student-athletes.
Practice, study hall and participation in the College’s Mentorship Program is mandatory for all student-athletes.
All student-athletes are strongly advised to schedule classes that end by 2 p.m. in order to avoid conflicts with practice and game schedules.
Support services are available for all student-athletes to ensure ongoing academic success.